Thursday, October 09, 2008

Recovering from "I'm Disgusted"

Our loving God did not leave me in the same state of concern as when I wrote yesterday's post, which I titled "I'm Disgusted." Here's the story:

We had a scheduled fire drill at work. Beautiful sunny October day, blue sky to make your heart melt. As I was taking in a deep breath the verses from Psalm 100 came to mind:

1Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth.
2Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before Him with joyful singing.
3Know that the LORD Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
5For the LORD is good;
His lovingkindness is everlasting
And His faithfulness to all generations. (NAS)

God gave me a reset on perspective. I didn't hear an audible voice, but through His word was reminded that He is good and faithful -- as He has been in the past He will be in our future. And lifting my eyes off the muck and mire, let me remember that He is the Lord and I did not create myself. My task is to worship!

And I might actually look forward to our next scheduled fire drill, too.

No comments: