Friday, August 01, 2003

We live in a video-saturated world, and frankly, that's hurting our imaginations and our critical thinking. I frequently hear men complain that they don't have time to read, or don't like to read. Why not listen to some good books on tape? Your church library probably has some good books.

I recently listened to Lord Foulgrin's Letters on tape, and my son listened to parts of it with me. This led to some great conversation moments about Christian truth and our enemy's strategies against us. (This book is a modern update to C.S. Lewis' classic, The ScrewTape Letters, detailing instructions from a senior demon to a junior temptor.)

I now ask my son about situations going on in his life, "What would Lord Foulgrin write about this?"

I also recommend the FOTF productions of The Chronicles of Narnia.

No comments: