Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 2001

From the world perspective, the terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and Flight 93 on Sept 11th were the biggest events of the year.

Today let's pray for the families of those killed. Let's steel ourselves and remember that we are fighting terrorists who prefer targeting innocent non-combatants. We pray not for the death of our enemies, but that the Lord would stop them.

From a personal perspective, I think about 2001 every day -- not of September 11th, but of the day in July when my dad died unexpectedly. I've been wearing his watch ever since, as a reminder to me of what is important in this life.

Events shape us. As you minister with people, remember that they have been shaped by events larger and smaller, and by everyday friction of living.

I

No comments: