Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Collecting Wisdom About Leadership

You -- yes, you -- are called to leadership roles. You can choose to abdicate, but you cannot outsource leadership roles.

For years now I've read books systematically, aiming for 2 books per week in secular areas of business (including leadership). I believe leaders are readers. In 2008 I read through all the books in the Personal MBA Reading List, and benefited enormously.

But in the past three years I have found the best material has been available on the blogs of skilled leaders with a heart to share what they have learned. The information content is dense, focused, highly valuable. It's consumable, memorable, and easily shared with others.

I was delighted to learn yesterday that the Exponential Network has compiled the best-of-the-best blog posts on leadership into a free ebook. They have many of my favorite bloggers (Batterson, Noble, Godin) and some new to me (Goeschal). What a terrific way to help the continuing education and encouragement of leaders!

This is 281 pages of gold, men. No charge. Get it, and read with a pen in hand.

No comments: