Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Good Friend Asks You If You're Having a Poopy Day

Saturday was not a shining day of Christian maturity for me. I was irritated, selfish, growly, grumpy, tired, and a poophead.

I knew it, and I knew it wasn't right, but I was sulking in it and unwilling to do what I should to get back into right relationship with God and with others.

A friend spotted me at a show choir event that day and noticed I wasn't my usual self.

Sunday Morning comes. Our gracious God makes things VERY CLEAR to me. So I repented, and pull forward to what's consistent with Christ-in-me.

Sunday at church this friend comes up and checks in this me. I tell him that yes, I was being a poophead, and it's cleaned up with God. Then I thanked him for checking in with me.

So now I have a new way to characterize a godly friend -- they're willing to engage you about having a poopy day.

No comments: