Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Chazown

That's the Hebrew word meaning "dream, revelation, or vision." Craig Goeschel chose it as the title of his book, and writes to encourage believers to discover the biblical vision for their lives.

This excerpt caught my attention:

" I surveyed about fifty Christians, asking two questions. First, I asked, "If money were no object, what would you do for the rest of your life?"
I fully expected answers such as:
"I'd volunteer my time at the Crisis Pregnancy Center."
"I'd adopt children from a third-world country."
"I'd mentor young inner-city kids."
Sadly, the most common answers orbited around personal comfort. Instead of Spirit-led, selfless responses, virtually everyone gave answers like:
"I'd quit working, buy a nice car, a new house, a boat."
"I'd travel."
"I'd hire people to help me around the house."

Then I asked, "Besides ministering to your family, what do you believe is the number one, most important thing God wants to accomplish through you?" To their credit, the people were pretty honest. But I found their most common answer heatbreaking.
It was "I don't know."

Read the rest of this post. If you don't know what God wants you to do as a husband and father, start on your knees and in the Word. Write me if you need more help.

No comments: