Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What Would Jesus Preach In Your Church?

Jim Martin asks this question, and draws his answer from the Gospel accounts of how Jesus interacted with religious leaders.
You do not evaluate your lives the way I do. I am more concerned about whether
or not these people love God and people than anything else.
You do not evaluate your church the way I do. I am more concerned about you being my presence in this community rather than whether or not you may be happy with the way things are going.
You do not evaluate spiritual maturity the way I do.
Some of you have been Christians for a very long time. You need to be more
mindful of the younger and less mature. Some of you have been Christians for a
lesser amount of time. You need to be grateful that your forefathers pointed you
to me. All of you need to remember that the bottom line is loving God and loving
the people who you interact with.
You do not evaluate truth the way I do.
Sermon messages are not good if they seem to pass the popularity contest. There
were times when I spoke and people walked away, wanting nothing more to do with
me.
You do not ask the right questions. You need to be asking in your families, in your church meetings, and among your leadership these questions: "What does Jesus want us to do? What would he do? What do we know about him that might help us know what to do?"


Read the whole thing here.

No comments: