Monday, October 20, 2003

Three questions

I recommend you ask (and answer) three questions daily. The first two were given to me as challenges along with a New Testament when I was considering Christianity in 1985.

1. Who is Jesus? Our understanding of Jesus grows as we enter into kingdom living and walk along the arc of discipleship. He is Lord!

2. What will I do about that? What decisions must I make today to serve the Lord of the Universe? "When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die." -- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I'm convicted now that I must ask and answer a third question:

3. Where is your faith? This comes from Luke 8:25. Let's examine each word in this question.

Where? Is your faith stuck on a post-note in your Bible, or is it in your heart? Is your faith placed on Jesus, or on idols that cannot sustain you (position, paycheck, achievements, stuff that will rust or rot)?

Is? The present tense. Not last year or yesterday. Today. Now. Not next year or after you retire. Today. Now.

Your? Your faith. The question is not about the faith of your pastor, your parents, your spouse, your children, your neighbors. Your faith.

Faith? "Without faith it is impossible to please God." (Heb 11:6) Jesus didn't ask where the disciples' memory was, nor their dreams, nor their skills in navigating or storm reading.

Where is your faith? Your Lord, Savior, Master, Teacher, and Friend is asking. These are wonderful days for ministry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should email my girlfriend about it.