Sunday, October 26, 2003

Knowing your day of death

Neil Cavuto writes about the curious story that Pope John Paul now knows the day of his death, and how it may be affecting his actions.

A few thoughts:

We're told to take up our cross daily and die to ourselves. Our purposes are rooted, therefore, in Christ, and in our new life in Christ.

God may choose to reveal to some the time of their death, but that does not appear to be the norm. Unless he does, let us walk in faith simultaneously making long-term investments in people (so that the generations to come will be blessed) and making every day, every hour count.

If I think about it, I don't want to know when I'm going to die. Frankly speaking, I lack the spiritual maturity to walk in trust and obedience if I was convinced of that fact.



No comments: