Saturday, March 28, 2009

Responding to Michael Spenser: The Coming Evangelical Collapse

I'm delighted that Michael Spenser published his 3 part blog series on "The Coming Evangelical Collapse." I believe much of his diagnosis is correct, and I appreciate his authentic sharing of concerns. His willingness to frankly share his observations and thinking has provoked an excellent discussion in the blogosphere about what matters, and this is always a healthy process.

Several of you asked me to articulate my views. I started to sketch out my thoughts, and then came across Melinda's wonderful post on Stand to Reason.

She says everything that I wanted to say about it.

God's Church will stand. Seasons and movements of the Spirit change over time, but always forward in God's great sovereign purpose. The world at large may add labels and misintepret what is going on.

No comments: