Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Two Good Books by a Ranger

I have a friend who is a retired Army Ranger. I've heard some of his stories of what it took through Ranger training -- amazing stuff. My son (12 at the time) commented, "I bet only the baddest and meanest tough guys get through it." This man profoundly influenced my son at a critical age when he responded, "Oh no. They're far too selfish. They wash out early."

I recently read these two books by Chuck Holton about his Ranger experiences and the faith lessons that he absorbed.

A More Elite Soldier

Bulletproof

I appreciated his writing style, the stories, and the faith lessons. These would be good material for a small group of guys to read and discuss. A More Elite Soldier is primarily about Ranger training and his experiences in combat in Panama. Bulletproof is about overcoming fear.

Recommended.

No comments: