Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Imagine What He'd Ask His Friends To Pray For!

Michael Spenser (aka, "The Internet Monk") writes some challenging words to his critics, inviting them to truly pray for him. Here's an excerpt:

"If you really do love me, and you genuinely want to pray for me, then by all means do so. Write me and I’ll give you the prayer need of the day. I never run short. If you don’t want to do the email, just pray I’ll be less of what I am by nature and more what Jesus gave himself for me to be. Pray I love my wife like Christ loves the church. Pray for the fact that I’m a coward. Prayer for my laziness. Pray for my preaching. Pray for my teaching. Pray for my counseling. Pray for my leadership. Pray for my writing. Pray for my besetting sins and struggles. Pray for my daily devotions. Pray I’ll love God, love his word, and follow his Son. Pray I’ll hate sin’s influence and be busy killing it. Pray I’ll be useful, joyful and filled with the Spirit. That should cover the next five minutes."

That's a great request list! Imagine what he asks his friends and colleagues to pray for!

No comments: