Sunday, January 22, 2006

Maybe I Won't Eat There After All

I spotted a bakery next to the Caribou Coffee shop that sounded good. "Three Dog Bakery," I said, "I bet they sell their stuff at the coffee shop." My wife graciously pointed out that the Three Dog Bakery specializes in making treats for dogs, including dogs with allergies to certain foods.

Uh...maybe I won't want to eat there after all.

A quick Google search shows that this is a national chain of dog bakeries, and they have competition!

What does this say about our level of affluence, that there is a significant market for luxurious doggie treats? (By the way, the capitalist in me celebrates such a strong economy and ambitious entrepreneurship!)

CT has an interesting article about how the abundance of American culture threatens the soul. Wander through a mall -- which has become one of the primary places of community in our culture -- and see these people with the eyes of Christ. How many are hurting, lonely, looking for significance? How many are hoping for fulfilment but not seeing the marvelous loving God in their midst?

No comments: