Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Encouraging Other Men

I'm called to encourage other men. I'm trying to pour it out (but am well short of what I know God wants me to do). I send emails, make phone calls, check up on men whom I see and know and can ask "How are you doing? Really?" and "How can I pray for you?"

And it doesn't matter much whether the men are older than I am, a peer, or younger. If the Lord puts a guy on my mind or heart, I'm going to encourage them and pray for them. It's what I'm supposed to do.

(So here's a cool thing: My son is becoming one of those men. )

I've decided that it doesn't matter what feedback I get. Most men are appreciative, but I'm not looking for that. Last night one brother-in-the-battle told me he really appreciated the emails I send him. "When I see that, I know I can make it."

What about you? What guys are around you that need to hear from you?

No comments: