Thursday, October 28, 2004

Four More Years

I enjoyed John Ellis' recommendation to reelect President Bush.

Someone asked me the other day why I supported President Bush, "aside from the
family thing" as he put it. I said I was supporting him because I thought he
understood the issue at stake better than anyone alive. And because he cared
about that issue completely. And that he was on the right side of that issue
from day one and every day thereafter. And that he was devoted to committing
this nation to a course of offensive engagement with the terror apparatus that
might, just might, save us all here in the United States. The President Bush I
read about in the papers and the newsweeklies and the blogs bears almost no
resemblance to the President Bush I know and visit with from time to time. (I've
never seen media as blatantly dishonest and biased as we have all seen this
year.) The man I know is smart, extraordinarily disciplined, enormously
hard-working, open to new ideas and approaches, decisive, shrewd and gifted with
a keen sense of the possible. He is decent and honest and true, which cannot be
said of many of his critics. Has he made mistakes? Yes he has. Do they warrant
his retirement. I don't think so. Because over-riding everything is the Big
Issue and on this issue President Bush has been steadfast and strong and right
as rain, while his opponent has rambled and waffled and weaseled every which
way. Our enemies will brace for four more years of hell if Bush is re-elected.
They will celebrate if Senator Kerry wins. Here's to four more years of hell.


How would your relatives and friends describe you?

No comments: