Friday, December 12, 2008

MindMapping Software -- Ramp Up Your Productivity


I'm a fan of mind-mapping software, use it a lot to help me organize my thoughts and plan projects. It's also great for tracking group discussions. My last two books were actually started as elaborate mindmaps, and then I exported the map to a Word outline. There's something empowering about the non-linear format that helps me get a lot of ideas out into usable form.
I paid for MindManager Pro from mindjet.com, because it's worth it to me.
If you'd like to explore Mindmapping software, but aren't ready to spend $ yet, check out these sources:

Wikipedia (compares a bunch of tools, links to all)

Free trial of version 8 (I’m using version 7) of MindManager from Mindjet

I hear good things about FreeMind
There are a number of Youtube videos about Mindmapping if you care to browse those, bur I think a better place to begin is this page at Mindjet.com, "The Power of Visual Thinking," and looking at their gallery of maps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Glenn. If any of your readers have questions about mind mapping, I'm happy to help. I created many of the map gallery maps and frequently blog for Mindjet.

Glenn said...

Michael, thanks for the comment. I'm a big fan of Mindjet products,so please keep all the good work going!