Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Lawn Mower Prayer Guide

It’s finally the season for lawn mowing to begin here in Iowa! Let me a wonderful prayer habit that you can begin (and you’ll actually enjoy lawn mowing more).

1. Divide up your lawn into a few sections. I usually have 4 in mind.
2. Identify a person whom you will pray for with each section. (For example, I might select three family members and one of our pastors.)
3. While you’re mowing that section, pray for that person.

Simple!

Now if you’re like me, your thoughts will go all over the place after you begin praying. No problem. Just catch yourself, and begin praying again. Don’t beat yourself up, just begin praying again. Don't give up, simply begin again.

It’s good training, great intercession, beautiful work for the Lord – and somehow I think the lawn looks better if I’ve been praying rather than cursing.

You can use this same prayer practice with all kinds of activities that don't require your full attention.

No comments: