Friday, September 14, 2007

Making a 40 Year Man

I liked this tribute from Michael Reagan to his mom:

I went to my mom and told her I would love her forever if she'd just buy it
for me. "How badly do you want it?" she asked.

When I said, "More than anything else," she said, "Do you want it badly enough to get a job?" I protested that I was only 10 years old and couldn't get a job, but she said that with a bike I could get a paper route. She said, "I will lend you the money and you can pay me back."

I asked her why she was doing this – none of my friends had to work to get a bike. Their parents simply gave them their bikes and everything else they wanted.

She said, "If I give you everything you want, and I can afford to do that, you'll grow up to be a 40-year-old child. I build men, not boys. I want you to grow up to be a 40-year-old man."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that the Lord used the Depression period in America's history, to prepare the men of World War II to earn Victory: A World War
on opposite sides of the planet.

Many of us were aware that we were "in league with the stones of the field."

That human institution which is structured on the principle, "...all men are endowed by their Creator with...Liberty...," is a system with its roots in the natural Order of the universe. The opponents of such a system are
necessarily engaged in a losing contest with nature and nature's God. Biblical principles are still today the foundation under Western Civilization and the American way of life. To the advent of a new season we commend the present generation and the "multitudes in the valley of decision."

Let us proclaim it. Behold!
A Season of Generation-Choicemaker Psalm 25:12 kjv

semper fidelis
vincit veritas