Saturday, March 24, 2007

Will Fred Thompson Enter the Republican Primary?

One of the intriguing possibilities is that Fred Thompson might enter the presidential primary race. Mark Alexander fairly gushes about his conservative bonafides.

I was asked yesterday what I thought about the "family values" Republic candidates who have had (multiple) failed marriages. It was clearly meant as a jibe, but there is an important point here -- we need a man with very strong character in the Whitehouse. I don't have my thoughts clearly worked out on this.

[Side note: While I have not agreed with all of George Bush's decisions or actions, I am very impressed with his graciousness towards others, even those whom have treated him evilly. Perhaps this graciousness has backfired politically. Some may confuse it with weakness and unwillingness to defend himself.]

No comments: