Tuesday, November 11, 2003

"Annabelle Sees Light"

That's the wonderful tag line in the Des Moines Register, a story they're reporting about a seven year old girl who sees light for the first time because of surgery. She's a picture of joy, her face beaming as she looks out a bright window.

Psalm 36:9 comes to mind: "For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. "

It reminds me of the joy I have in Christ, because of His mercies and power, that I can see light! The shekinah glory of God is ours to enjoy -- safely -- in Christ. Praise the Lord!

Men, I long for two things as I read this:

1. There are many I'm praying for that will see light. Lord, speed the day when I will read headlines about family members, coworkers, neighbors, and nations seeing the light of Jesus!

2. May our joy in the light of Christ match this picture of Annabelle, so that the whole world will see us and give you glory.

Be bold, be gentle, be filled with light.




No comments: