Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Get a thrice-weekly encouragement message

I encourage you to subscribe to John Stanford's AO notes. They come Monday, Wednesday, and Friday -- and are often just what I need when they arrive! Here is today's message. Subscription information is at the end. Highly recommended.

*******
To me, it's one of the most meaningful verses in the Bible.
I came to it again this morning, on a 3x5 card "shaving verse":

"Not one of all the good promises which the LORD had made
to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass."
-- Joshua 21.45

Israel (early in life he was known as Jacob -- the usurper) and his
descendants often failed to obey God's law. Thus they failed to keep
_their_ side of the covenant agreement with God.

But looking back over Israel's history, the Bible writer reported that
God had been faithful to keep _his_ promises.

It's good to periodically review my history, to remember how God has
helped me and my family. It gives stability, and meaning, to life.

Coffee thought: In what ways has God's unmerited goodness been
evident to me and my family?

John

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
(c) 2003 J.L. Stanford
John Stanford (stanford@iastate.edu), Pete Boysen(pboysen@iastate.edu)
Alpha-Omega URL: http://www.public.iastate.edu/~ao/
To start AO notes: type subscribe in mail BODY to ao-request@iastate.edu
To stop AO notes: type unsubscribe in mail BODY to ao-request@iastate.edu
To change e-mail addresses: unsubscribe the old; subscribe the new address
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

No comments: